After reading a great many tutorials on the photography aspect of our hobby, I decided to apply some of the things that I learned.
No, you haven't seen her posted. This is a teaser for later.
I have a new set-up for lighting that consists of an overhead florescent desk light and two angled lights aimed at a central point. After viewing a multitude of photos I realized I needed to utilize a hi-def background to shoot my figures against. After hours and hours of downloading, printing and photographing, I found several that I can utilize.
Cruising all around the blogosphere and multiple forums, I spoke with many a talented painter who was willing to answer questions and in some cases to write and to post tutorials for me. The results of these lessons will be evident in the figures of the O'Leary Cowgirls I will be posting. I will be mentioning some of those names in upcoming posts.
When I was not reading or studying, I was painting. There were times when I stayed awake for 48 hours straight and forgot to eat. I am still in the middle of this intense learning phase and will not be back to posting full-time until next week. Please understand that this is something that I must do.
Further, the name of my blog has been changed to reflect the content of my blog. Anne's Attic has been dismantled and in it's place stands O'Leary Miniatures. In order to get people accustomed to looking for me on their blog rolls under the new name, I will republish this post throughout the day.