I just built and painted this barn scene using Styrofoam and stirring sticks that I nicked from a coffee shop that shall remain nameless. I used a weathering technique that I picked up from Thanos when he did a tutorial on building and painting fences but mine didn't turn out as well as his did, but I gave it a go! Now I have only done that on the red part of the barn, the white's need doing yet. Can anyone give me some tips on how to make this look better.
I'm also having a devil of a time using flocking and undergrowth. I've never done it before and these little "bushes" look horrid. If anyone knows of a quick tutorial that would help me with the basics of building things up using these materials I would be grateful.
I'm painting my first figures from Foundry and I love them. They are charming and have so much character. Clearly she is not done yet, but before I finish, I'd like some input on how she's looking now. I freehanded the flowers on her skirt as I want to begin doing more and more of that on my figures in future.
This will be her husband and they both come from the Victoriana collection farmworkers pack. With these figures I have to do something I haven't had to do much of and that is drybrushing. I'm not very confident with the technique yet and could use constructive criticism before I finish the figure off.
This is a picture to show scale. The Dark Sword miniatures run between 30-32mm while the Foundry figures are 28mm. The difference in scale combined with the difference in sculpt require differences in brushwork and I'm trying to cope with that right now.
I'm posting these on Friday as the first installment of my new story so there's still time for me to improve them. And if I can make it work, I'll be posting my first 'conversion' of sorts on Friday as well.
This is posting at 3:00 a.m. my time so I'm going to grab some shut-eye and come back in a few hours to comment on peoples blogs and to deal with replies. Thank you.