Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A World Without Colour

Today I'm putting up some black and white photography.  This is a new area for me and I have no idea what I'm doing. I only began taking photo's as a hobby in May, when my daughter bought me a camera. It was her way of saying "Mum, we're growing up and you really need to get your nose out of our business, so here's a camera, I really need you to like it" 

But before we get to the pictures I want to tell my friends in Twitterland a bit about some of my new friends in Bloggerland. Over the course of the next couple of weeks I'll be sharing a bit about each one of the wacky inhabitants of Bloggerland that I've come to know with the wacky people in Twitterland.  Today I'm going to introduce people from what I'm going to call The Irish Contingent.

First off there's a gent that goes by the name of The Angry Lurker at http://theangrylurker.blogspot.com/.  Angry's page is devoted to the art of wargaming.  The artwork Angry does on his pieces is spectacular and the amount of knowledge of history that is required to play these games is impressive.  I know there are a lot of you in Twitterland that love history and I feel certain that if you visit Angry's page, you'll become as addicted to his blog as I've become.

Next up is a young man from Northern Ireland whose name is Matthew and his blog can be found at http://yeamiewaffles.blogspot.com/.  I'm so glad I met Matthew. It is of great benefit to me to know a young person from up North and to see Ireland through his eyes.  Matthew is so completely honest about himself that he gives me courage to be more open myself. And for all of us who have forgotten about how hard it is to be young, Matthew's page serves as a great reminder.

Now how to describe Mich over at SickB*tch  http://s1ckb1tch.blogspot.com/ ? She's so many things wrapped up into one, she defies a single label. First off she's a professional writer and has a published a novel Underwood (available for purchase at Amazon).  Mich is also obsessive compulsive about exercising and is always worrying about her weight. Can I hear an Amen ladies?  You can find brilliantly funny stories about her life on her blog accompanied by her own animations.

I'm going to include my dear friend from Twitterland, Michelle in The Irish Contingent. Now Michelle is an American, but I've come to think of her as a sister, so I'm counting her as Irish. You can find Michelle at The Best Me That I Can Be http://grrlysquirrelheartsgavin.blogspot.com/.  Like most of us women, Michelle is hard on herself about her weight.  But unlike a lot of us Michelle has found a healthy and consistent way of losing weight and maintaining it.  She is a member of Weight Watchers and it works because she uses it.  Michelle also shares stories about herself on her blog and she is worth getting to know. You know her on Twitter as @grrlysquirrel and I suggest that you get to know her better by reading her blog. 

And if you're reading this in Twitterland Deb, you'll love Mich and Michelle. I've read your tweets Deb and I think you should consider writing your own blog. Me, you Mich and Michelle could combine our forces and rule the Blogosphere. Between the four of us we could figure out how to lose the weight in our arses and keep our boobs while doing it.


And finally here are some of my attempts at black and white photography.













Now I know that was a lot for one blog. For those of you who stuck with it this far, I say Thank You. And so does my daughter, you've spared her the inconvenience of being troubled by her mum for one more day.

All photographs have my signature embedded and are source located to my camera. Copy, crop paste and I'll drain the colour from your life and I won't be using Photshop when I do it.

25 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words, Ray from Don't throw a 1 wouldn't agree, excellent pictures especially the long view of that old house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Angry. You and Ray have me addicted to wargames. It's something I'd love to take up one day. But I'm going to have a hell of a time finding a bunch of women who'll play with me. I'm going to cover Ray's page in a future post. A lot of my friends on Twitter are history buffs and I think they'd love Postie's Rejects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the blog plug Anne, it's honestly appreciated so much, especially for the blogs around the globe one. I love all of the photos here, photography's an awesome hobby I find, as sad as that may sound to other people my age. I love changing photos to black and white too as it adds a whole other dimension that doesn't exist in colour in my opinion.

    In response to your comment you were right about what Jeffreys were so I deserved your tirade! I feel bad about it though if that helps matters?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im digging the black and whites. Looks like you might have a talent for the craft. Keep snapping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures, the inverted colours look trippy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for mentioning my blog, Anne. You're a real sweetie pie. Your black and white photos are beautiful. I especially like the second one from the bottom. Topaz and I send you and Toki lots of love and purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got an eye for photography, and make it look easy. I wish I could take pictures like that. They'd look good enough to frame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love black and white photos! These are great! I like the sixth one best! The fact the buildings in the background makes it look mysterious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somanyblogs D= but okay. Okay.

    And for just having started camera work in May, you're really not bad at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the pictures, and the twitterland recommendations. I need more twitterland friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're welcome Matthew. I do remember what it was like to be your age and I wouldn't be young again for all the money in the world. The fact that you feel bad about the Jeffrey's is a good sign. That stuff is dangerous. And please stay away from that type of drug, you have too much potential to waste it like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much Jerzey I love doing it and it keeps me from bugging my kids too much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that one too R.gers. I'm just starting to experiment with effects some of them work and some of them don't. There's a learning curve there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Michelle. I took about 20 photos of that property from different angles and distances and I'm going to take my time playing around with different editing techniques. The place is abandoned and has a no trespassing sign out front, but I ignored the sign. It was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Adam. I'm buying a new computer and printer later this week and am going to start printing some of my work and give them as gifts to family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you D4. I'll be putting up a mention of your blog soon. I think some of my friends in twitter would really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you My2. Hearing something nice, gives me encouragement to keep at it and improve.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't know you were a tweeter Allen. The boys at A Beer For the Shower just started a Twitter account. You'll have to join us on Twitter, there's some fun people on there. I'm @wickedwitch_ give me a follow and I'll follow you back.

    ReplyDelete
  19. And thank you Bersercules. I'm on my way over to check out your blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now that's an interesting comment Interwebs

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful pictures and a great list of bloggers. We've known and been friends with Angry for quite some time now. Great guy. The rest are new to us, but we'll have to stop by and say hello.

    Also, I wish I didn't see colors either. You want to poke out my rods or my cones or whatever part of my eye controls color?

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's your cones B. What most people don't know is that the reason humans have colour vision isn't because seeing in colour is advantageous. The cones main function is visual acuity. So I think I'll let you keep them. Also it's great having you boys in Twitterland.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the mention!! I'm so flattered. I'd be blushing if my undead white pallor would allow it!! XD

    The pictures are gorgeous. I really love the one of the house. And I also love your warning about photo-stealing.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comments may or may not be mediated due to the activities of a troll.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...