Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Show Me Yer Dogs

Welcome to the third and final installment of me and Toki's journey.  Today we will have coerced/blogged the wonderful folks at PEDIGREE Foundation into donating 60 pounds of food to dog shelters.  It has been a long, hard three days.  Toki and I would like to thank all of you who have visited and especially those who have taken the time to comment. 

And now on to the generous people and their lovely pets we met.  Fabulous people, every one of 'em.





Remember these wee lasses from yesterday?





This is their dog, Apollo.  Their mum was ever so nice to allow a stranger into her home to take a photograph.






And this lad, the one with the weight of the world on his shoulders.





This is him, playing with his dog, Diggum.  He looks a bit happier with his dog now doesn't he?





Do you recall this lovely gent from yesterday and how I said that he was the find of a lifetime?  Do you remember what I said about meeting his son?  How it was worth every blister on me feet?






This is his son, holding a white fox in his arms.  This bloke rehabilitates wild life and this fox is an entirely legal permanent resident at the rehabilitation center.  He does own a dog, but his wife had just taken the dog to the grocers with her.



The fox is named Timothy and is perfectly docile. I'll be keeping in touch with this bloke as we have much to talk about (I know you lot, and I know what yer thinkin'. check me profile page under occupation, that should save me reputation).



I know you remember this lass.  The one the camera loved so well.  This is her dog Riku.




How about the artist I introduced you to yesterday?  Remember I promised to show you the dog's she took me to meet?





These are the dog's I don't know the names of. 





This one looks ferocious here, but he's just doing his job, protecting the people he loves.





He gentled quickly after I sat down and talked softly to him.




This Golden Retriever barked a bit, but took one look at Toki and calmed right down.





This is the splendid woman from yesterday, whose Yorki has something in common with Toki.




This Yorki is a male and his name is Studley.  I fell for him right away.



And finally, this merry bunch who'd been dinkin' a wee bit o' "tea" on the porch.  I told ya they had a lot of dogs, remember?




From left to right, the dogs names are: Tawny, Bugle and Pippin.





This is Pippin' she's holding.  Pippin' looks a lot bigger from this perspective doesn't she?


Now, I will be spending the weekend making prints for all these people, going back to their homes and saying a huge Thank You for allowing me, Toki and our camera into their lives.  They were wonderful, every last one of 'em.

Now, time to thank Satia at Satia's Journal for posting the blog that was the impetus for this series.  You'll find her on my Blog's Around the World, stop in and give her a visit.



Me and Toki have done the final edit on this blog and it's time to spank this baby and put it to bed.


All photographs have my signature embedded and are source located directly to my camera.  Copy, crop, paste and you'll wake up with a Garden Gnome stickin' out yer arse.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, that's great! I love the white fox. Then again, I have a solid white Shiba Inu/American Eskimo mix that size, and she looks almost identical to that fox. People always ask me if I rescued a fox... (Um, no, that's illegal here)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dog sounds lovely. And it is illegal to keep a fox as a pet in almost any State, unless you're registered with that State and work professionally as this gent is. I don't know how you boys manage your workload. You are consummate professionals.
    Sincerely,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nawwwwww :) I have 2 cats myself. First off I love the name Toki. I do love dogs too, but my brother has an irrational fear of them. Maybe when I live on my own I'll have some. I can't believe that guy legally owns a white fox too. I'm ever so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seriously considering poaching some of your photos for the sheer pleasure of waking up with a Garden Gnome stickin' out me arse ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. such cute puppies. I really liked the fox

    ReplyDelete
  6. If i was korean, i would be planning my next meal and my mouth would be watering. Thankfuly, im not, because dogs are fun and im not so sure about how tasty they are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mark,
    'Tis wonderful to hear from you. Love your avi. Are you familiar with Sitoshi Kon (Millenium Actress) and Hayao Miyazaki (Howl's Moving Castle?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd have no trouble finding you Michelle. With the gnome up yer arese you'd whisle while ya walked. Have a great vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Timothy,
    I followed your comments to your page. It's one funny bastard ya are. I'm going to be following yer posts from now on. The work you're doing with the Hisidic Jew is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ya fabulous Jew ya. Thrilled to see ya, I am. You've got a great thing going there on your blog. Give me time and I'll read it all. I can't tell you how pleased I am that both you and Timothy showed up. The two of ya doing that talk show, is effin' brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the story and all the animals, they looks so beautiful and happy. I have a dog of my own named biscuit. I am glad that you done so much with and for this pets along with the owners. This is outstanding.

    Sincerely yours,
    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Allie. I'm glad you came out to talk. You know I have enjoyed your poetry, I hope that on seeing this comment, other bloggers go visit your site and read what I have read.
    Sincerely,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Comments may or may not be mediated due to the activities of a troll.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...