Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

The UK gets a bit "grumbly" about the heat

Twitterland has been a wee bit grumbly of late. The late summer heat is being blamed for taking the joie de vivre out of life and for putting the piss back into vinegar. Sarcasm, never a game for those faint of heart has become a blood sport and many are fleeing twittlerland to go on "holiday". I myself have a pressing engagement in another country that will happily/regretfully, keep me away for the next month.

As I do not live in the UK, I can only commiserate from a safe/caring distance. My home is on the island to the left of you, or to the right, if you're looking down and we always have rain. So after a horrible/wonderful day of tweeting, I went out and took some pictures of the environs following a lovely refreshing rain. I thought I'd post some here to rub it in/make you feel better.

All photographs have my signature embedded and are souce located directly to my camera. Copy, paste, crop and I'll rub a pair of your knickers under my bullmastiff Toki's nose and we'll go on walkies to find you.






The view outside my window. Yes, a one hour rain on a summer afternoon is aces.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Christ, would you look at that? Rain. Cool, beaufitul rain. I wish you could feel how bloody nice this is.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





Sweet Jesus, even a piece of shit tire looks fabulous after this rain.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





Now would you just look at that. Blimey but that's a gorgeous sight.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Now don't ya wish ya was Irish? If you were, you wouldn't be so feckin hot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm counting on one of two things to keep me arse out of the fire on this one. You'll either laugh because you have a good sense of humour or you won't know about this because you didn't read it.


Have a happy day. Did I mention it has been a lovely summer here?

2 comments:

  1. Cheers for the encouragement,

    I don't need to wish I was Irish, my Dad came from Liverpool. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, mine came from Birmingham.

    ReplyDelete

Comments may or may not be mediated due to the activities of a troll.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...